Pine Shores Music Ministry Highlights
Pine Shores continues to have a strong and vital Music Ministry with children, youth, and adults actively participating as singers, ringers and instrumentalists.
• Our Concert Series continues to show steady attendance numbers. The 2017-2018 season included Wayne and Friends, The Bethune Cookman University Concert Chorale, Swingset, and pianist Joel Raney.
• Our Sounds of the Soul, First Friday’s service of readings and music, continues in season October through April with various styles of local musicians and readings.
• Several members of our Clara Kaiser Carillon and Bells of Joy handbell choirs participated in a handbell festival in Sun City Center which was led by well know composer/clinician John Behnke in February of 2017. Our Director of Music, Rick Holdsworth taught several classes during the workshop.
• A committee continues working on the details for the 2018 celebration of 50 years of Handbells at Pine Shores which we will celebrate the weekend of April 14 & 15, 2018.
• Our Director of Music, Rick Holdsworth, was the handbell clinician for the Florida Fellowship of Musicians summer workshop. He directed beginning, intermediate and advanced handbell ringers and taught various classes throughout the week long workshop.
• Ring Sarasota community handbell ensemble, under the direction of our Director of Music Rick Holdsworth, continues to grow and is now in its eighth season. They continue to rehearse in our choir room and are becoming very close to being independent with their equipment needs.
• For the fifth straight year, Rick was accepted for and rang with Distinctly Bronze East, a handbell event in New Bern, NC with the best 130 ringers in the United States ringing together as a group. He will be returning for his sixth year in 2018.