Pine Shores Music Ministry Highlights
Pine Shores continues to have a strong and vital Music Ministry with children, youth, and adults actively participating as singers, ringers and instrumentalists.
- We have a very dedicated Chancel Choir. In a year the choir spends over 100 hours in rehearsals and warm-ups preparing over 140 pieces of music for Sunday worship services.
- Matt Dienna and the music team continue to provide uplifting music for the informal worship service and also the Sunrise Service at Siesta Key Beach.
- Several members of our Clara Kaiser Carillon and Bells of Joy handbell choirs participated in a handbell festival in Gainesville, Florida, which was led by the director of the Raleigh Ringers, David Harris. Our Director of Music, Rick Holdsworth taught several classes during the workshop.
- Pine Shores celebrated 50 years of Handbells at Pine Shores with a weekend celebration that included former ringers and directors. A piece of music was commissioned for the event.
- Due to the number of youth and adults participating, the Bells of Joy handbell choir is now an inter-generational bell choir and doing well.
- Our Director of Music, Rick Holdsworth, attended and taught classes at the Fellowship of Methodist Musicians summer workshop.
- Ring Sarasota community handbell ensemble, under the direction of our Director of Music Rick Holdsworth, continues to grow and is now in its ninth season. They continue to rehearse in our choir room. They have purchased additional new equipment and are no longer borrowing handbell equipment from the church.
- For the sixth straight year, Rick was accepted for and rang with Distinctly Bronze East, a handbell event in New Bern, NC with the best 130 ringers in the United States ringing together as a group. The event was postponed until June of 2019 due to Hurricane Florence.
Rebecca Zappen Jazz Trio, pianist Joel Raney, The Duke Ellington Hour, 23rd Annual Sarasota Choir Festival and Organist John S Dixon.
Sounds of the Soul
Dave Pate – saxophone, Wayne Fisher – keyboard, Cheeko Matasuka, cello, Marc Maninno – guitar, Sarasota Steel Pan Band, Jane Hoffman-flute/Thomas Koch-guitar, Michelle Nicholette – oboe, Bill Barbanera – baritone saxophone.